Friday, September 4, 2009

Sept 4, 2009

YAY! I AM HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL! I got sprung early this morning.

They took very good care of me while there (Beaumont Hospital, Troy, Michigan), but still, there's no place like home! Now that this little sidetrack is behind me (I hope), I can get on with the business of continuing to heal from my surgery, and the resulting treatment ahead. All of this has sure bogged down my mind, that is for SURE. Doc said for me to take it REAL easy for awhile, that the clot was a serious thing and we can't afford anymore problems like that.

Ahhh ... I just can't WAIT to sleep in my own bed tonight! But as for now, I am sitting in my leather loveseat in the family room with my big ol' pitbull next to me; this feels pretty darn good too.

I have to admit, I'm a little skittish now. Every little ache and pain in my back makes me obsess about having another clot. But I have to remember that those hospital beds were theeeee worst I have ever tried to sleep in. They were all air filled, but very thin. My big ol' caboose pushed the air underneath it to each side, which meant my butt rested on a horrible metal bar the whole time. I ended up with a bad backache, a tingly leg and a numb butt! So I am hoping that a few nights in my own bed will make me feel calmer.

I've been getting all your good wishes, cards, emails, flowers, letters, calls ... HOW WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO THANK EVERYONE? I will though, just as soon as I am more up to it, I will thank each of you individually and personally. It means more to me than I can say to have such love and support, and I mean it when I say that that's what has gotten me through this. I could never have come even THIS far without all the love and support from ALL of you. And when I get down, as I OFTEN do, I go through and read each of the cards, which always chases the blues away.

Sigh.

That's it for now. I am so glad to be back home after a week in the hospital, that I just want to sit here and soak it all in! It's a lovely day here in Michigan, the air smells so good and the grass is so green, the sky so blue. I am in awe of how many things I took for granted for so long ...

God bless,
Deb

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home, Deb! And I'm so glad you started this blog. You can always manage to make me laugh, no matter the situation. I truly believe that your faith, and your attitude are going to get you through this. Of course there are times where you'll be down, but you still keep your positive outlook and that's so important! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are safely back home, Deb! Be sure to listen to the doctors and take it REAL easy and be especially good to yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers each and every day for God's blessings to be with you. Take care!
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete