Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sept 3, 2009

Still here in the hospital. The doctor said MAYBE tomorrow I can go home. But that's only a "maybe." It depends on whether my blood levels have reached a therapeutic level. I understand they are just trying to make sure I have no more problems with clots. But boy, do I EVER want to go home. I am so, so homesick.

The bed here has a sink hole right underneath my butt, and it's terribly uncomfortable. All the matresses on this (pulmonary) floor are air mattresses, which suck. The first bed I had also had a sink hole in the same spot. So I had them bring me a whole 'nuther bed, an older model, but it too, as I said, is equipped with the sink hole. My butt hurts, my left leg now tingles, my back is kinked ... ugh. How I miss my Tempurpedic!

Hospital food is the pits, but I'm getting by. Earlier in the week, I started what I call a "meatball firestorm" on my floor here. My Sweedish meatballs with brown gravy arrived. Although they are bite-sized, Larry cut them for me, only to find that they were TOTALLY RAW inside. They were not just UNDER cooked, they were not cooked at all! I told the food lady about it, she grabbed my tray, and the next thing you know, there was chaos up and down the halls with everyone hollering, "DON'T EAT THE MEATBALLS, GIVE US BACK THE MEATBALLS, THEY ARE NOT SAFE ...!" It was quite a commotion. Can you imagine those who put the entire gravy-covered meat ball in their mouth whole? YIKES. I was told later that someone really got in hot water over that mistake -- the problem included the entire hospital!

Still, as usual, in a good bit of pain from the surgery. And what a number it's done on my self image. I feel like an abomonation. I have the blues a lot.

Guess that's it for now. See? I did write a short one!

God Bless,
Deb

4 comments: