Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sigh

Hello once again, everyone,

Well, I'm still plodding through these chemo treatments. I have four of eight behind me now, and they tell me the second four won't make me so sick. But as of now, I am SICK. I am eager for the sickness from this last round of chemo to be past me. The next four will increase in time -- they'll be four hours each instead of two hours, but if I am not nauseated, it's a good tradeoff. I am told though that these next four treatments will make my bones hurt quite badly, to the extent of needing Vicodin. Ugh. Am I ever EAGER for chemo to be a thing of the past for me. Even the thought of the word "chemo" makes me sick to my stomach.

My lovely niece's baby shower came of beautifully last Sunday. For me it was such a nice day, good to be out socially, good to see friends and family for the first time since my diagnosis. My emotions were pretty close to the surface, and it was hard to keep my tears dry each time I saw someone for the first time since my ordeal began, but it was still so nice to be out and about and not have it be to a doctor appointment. I felt pretty well that day; I was 12 days out from my previous chemo treatment, so I was having a pretty good day. But alas, another chemo treatment was at that point, only 2 more days away, and I have been down for the count ever since.

My left hand is soooooo sore from all the IVs that get poked into it with regularity. It's difficult to withstand even the tenderest touch. And my right hand/arm is still trying to recuperate from all the lymph nodes being gone. It's been a new experience trying to get by with limited use of both hands.

I continue to receive such love and support from my family and friends. This has meant more to me than God ever created words to express. Every word I can think of falls short of how thankful I am for the encouragement and love I receive. Thank you all a million times over. I am determined to get through this, but I have to repeat, this is NOT for sissies. I am not sure I will ever in my life feel normal again, but it's a small tradeoff for getting to stay alive.

So thank you everyone for all your love -- it gives me such strength. I read your cards, your comments, and your emails over and over again.

Love to all of you! Until next time,
Deb 33333333

No comments:

Post a Comment