Sunday, November 22, 2009

More Four-Hour Chemo News

... And here I thought that even though these last four chemo treatments were twice as long, I thought they'd be more tolerable since I was told there'd be no nausea with these, but rather, "some bone pain." Well, they know whereof they speak. Beginning Wedesday night, my back began to hurt, then my legs, then my hips, my arms ... every bone in my body throbbed and ached so bad that I just couldn't get any relief. Even Vicodin didn't touch it. Now it's Sunday, and while the bone pain has finally subsided to a more tolerable level, it's still there, and I still feel pretty blah. I still don't feel like doing anything except lying down all the time. I sure hate to complain, but as I've said before, this chemo business is ROUGH STUFF. And I can't help but wonder if this is the degree of pain and discomfort that bone cancer patients suffer ...

I don't sleep well either; sleep is rare. And when I do sleep, it is a very light sleep, and if I'm wakened, that's it, I'm up. Ugh.

This phase of the chemo can also cause neuropathy, a numbness and tingling in the fingertips, which could be permanent. Of course, I have that now.

I wonder if radiation will be as miserable as chemo ...

Anyway, three more chemo's to go. I am heading toward the finish line, and my veins seem to be holding up. Thank God.

At the beginning of my journey, one of my dear supporters warned me that "breast cancer is not for sissies." She was so right. And I'm starting to think that's exactly what I am -- a big ol' sissy.

Thank you everyone, for continuing to follow my blog, and for continuing to pray.

Love, Deb 3333333333

No comments:

Post a Comment