Friday, October 16, 2009

Lovely Michigan as photographed by a dear old friend

Hello this evening,

I'm feeling somewhat better now, finally, this time 10 days following my last chemo treatment. And of course, just in time for my third chemo treatment this coming Tuesday. I gotta say, this chemo is rough for me. This whole experience is not for sissies. Put an "amen" on that.

I would like to call attention tonight to the work of a dear, old high school friend of mine, Steve Foster. Like so many of you, he is cheering me on in my journey. I had no idea Steve was so talented in the field of photography. In my last blog, dated Oct 13, Steve left a comment which included a link to his latest project, photos he took of lovely Michigan in this most beautiful fall season. He commented that he hoped the photos would cheer me. They did more than that; they warmed my heart, they aroused beautiful memories of so many of the places I'd seen myself, and gave me the motivation to get better so I could seek out the ones I hadn't. Steve, your work is magnificent and I remain more than impressed with your gorgeous photos of our state. I urge all of you who follow my blog to go to the link Steve provided in the Oct 13 blog, so that you too, can enjoy the breathtaking scenery that is our "Michigan in Fall." For those of you who live here in Michigan, you will be even more proud of our state. For those of you who are Michigan natives, but now live in other lovely states in our America, these photos will bring you back, even if only in memory. And for those of you who have never seen Michigan, Steve's work will make you want to visit us, especially in the fall, though all our seasons -- and we do enjoy all four -- are lovely, each in their own ways. And for those unfamiliar with our state, the beautiful, majestic bridge you will see is our Mackinac (pronounced Mackinaw) Bridge, a five-mile suspension bridge, aptly nicknamed "The Mighty Mac," which connects our Upper and Lower Penninsulas. Steve, your work is absolutely sublime and I will never be able to express the enjoyment your photos brought me. And I know all who read my blog and take the time to access the link to your work will enjoy your "Michigan in Fall" as much as I did. Excellent capture of our Creator's work! Thank you for sharing, Steve! What a motivational boost to me to get back on my feet, and get out there and enjoy God's divinity ASAP!

Once again, may I give a shout-out to whomever sent me the lovely pink angel figurine! She is just lovely and I wish I knew whom to thank for her!

Well, my wig hurts. I must have a big head or something, because it is on its loosest fitting (there are little straps inside that are extended to their max), and it still gives me a headache. Bah.

Bought myself some one-piece, fleece, footed pajamas today (just like the ones my little grandson wears). I figured I have lost ALL sex appeal as it is (y'all oughtta see me and the shape I'm in -- Lord have mercy!), so I may as well be warm, cozy and comfortable. Larry laughed, so I guess he's okay with it. He's pretty much seen it all now with me anyway.

Latest food craving: Raspberry sherbert (okay, okay, "s-h-e-r-b-e-t").

I have had a couple of people comment on my writing skills. Thank you for that. I appreciate your compliments! Some have even commented that I should take up writing as a profession. Actually, I already did, for years and years. My degree is in English Language with a minor in Journalism, and for all the years I held a "real job" (i.e., not music), I was in the field of writing/editing/proofreading/journalism, as were many of my former colleagues who follow this blog (which is why I try very hard to still be "on duty" when I write these blogs -- I know you guys are scrutinizing my writing just as we all were trained to do for so many years. So, how'm I doing? Is my turban too tight?). Anyway, to those of you who have complimented my writing skills without knowing of my love affair and employment with words for all these 30-some years, I thank you for letting me know "I've still got it." (Smiles and thumbs up from me here.)

Please excuse me for now, I have to go have another bowl of raspberry sherbert.

Love to all, and may God bless you -- He will give you extra blessings tonight when you view Steve's gorgeous Michigan photos!

Deb

1 comment: