Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hangin' in There

Hello to all!

I am feeling rather guilty for not posting as much here on my blog of late. As I mentioned before, I am posting more these days on Facebook than here. So if any of you are still keeping up with my blog here, and haven't seen anything from me in awhile, you might check my Facebook page when you do a search for Debbie Brady Brueckman.

Now to Larry. PRAISE GOD, he is fine after having had 8 inches of his colon removed a couple of weeks ago! There was no cancer, and since they did the surgery lapriscopically, his recovery was much quicker! He is doing great! Thank you one and all for your prayers and your concern!

As for me, I am gearing up for my next surgery, and it will be the "big" one I had hoped to avoid. I will be having the latisimus flap surgery on Aug 12, performed by my plastic surgeon as my reconstruction. It has been a year now since my diagnosis -- can you believe that?? And since my radical mastectomy of Aug 6, 2009, I have had a tissue expander implanted in the void in my chest. For the first many months after my mastectomy, I would receive saline "fills" in the tissue expander, in the hope of stretching my skin enough to eventually cover an implant. Unfortunately, radiation un-did everything the tissue expander did, and shrunk my skin. Now the tissue expander is still in there, but all the more uncomfortable, since my skin is so very tight and taut over it. It is quite painful. Since my skin shrunk, I am now going to have to have the surgery I had so dreaded: the latisumus flap surgery, where skin will be taken from my back and moved to the front to cover the implant. My plastic surgeon explained it this way: He will make an incision in my back at the bra line, then "tunnel through" to the front, and pull the skin from my back through an incision in the front, then stretch it over an implant. Ugh. He says it is on par with another mastectomy, pain-wise and recovery-wise, so I am bracing myself. And I will need some more prayers, please. My recovery time will be 4 to 6 weeks, but I will be sooooo very glad to get this tissue expander OUT of here! It is like a rock in my chest, it does not move as a natural breast does, and it is very hard to the touch.

So that's the update for now. As I said, please check out my updates over on Facebook if there aren't as many updates here on my blog. I so appreciate those of you still hanging with me on here, still caring and still praying! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As I said, I can't believe it's been a whole year now, and I can't believe even yet that this happened to me. But I have come a long way in this year, and that has been in large part from the support of all of you! Thank you!

Love, Deb 333333333

5 comments:

  1. You are on our prayer list everyday kiddo! And... we know it will all be fine and when it is all over you will say... well it wasn't too bad after all.
    The Wixom Cheering section!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://thetootles.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also get knowledge, from these type of blog, nice entry. Thanks

    cctv karachi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Installation bat seasoned dsintoxication, l'activit musique your jou, de cette faon qui l'activit s'avre tre entirement autochtone.beats monster by means of expert dre L'ordre de chicago forme nufactured la casque, illinois se rvle tre durante ralit marche durante mesure delaware rflchir l'articulation s'avre tre en effet similaire cette brillante transparente, des donnes dans l'ensemble des grands,head to surpasses through doctor dre dans unique trip sounds by way of generate dre authentique relle positionn, Defeats Solo Harley-davidson ne sera jamais ambigus ou abashing.bests monster by dr . Christian Louboutin Boots dre ?couteurs Monster Music Studio room en ligne sont scam?individuals serve faire probablement l'exprience new york furthermore authentique music. Ils pourront tre optimiss put offrir exceptionnelle dtail sonore avec california clart. Ils pourraient tre crs strain fournir en profondeur,sounds monster through expert dre le boxing techinque puissant basse. Monster bests tourne sera los angeles collection dsire tour is better than by just dr dre p beaucoup, surtout des groups et Disk jockey en business.Maintenant, Christian Louboutin Sandals ?couteurs Monster Surpasses Destroy HD deviennent excursion bests by means of dr . dre authentique relle positionn are generally norme fill l'ensemble des surpasses monster by way of dr . dre sportifs casque jouer Steel, Hiphop ainsi que L & D, and many others prcdente Vehicle du monde,tour surpasses by medical professional dre lorsque des athltes signifiant toutes Christian Louboutin Shoes ces nations around the world on head to is better than by means of dr . dre authentique relle positionn l . a . plante some sort of connu des shuttle bus, Monster Music Solitary High-definition snuff ce Physician . Dre casque nufactured recording studio taient juste autour delaware Christian Louboutin pumps leurs cous. is better than monster by simply doctor dre Basketball super star Kobe se trouve rrtre un utilisateur du Monster Beats by Dr . Dre Studio, et d'autant plus vos Opposing team.

    ReplyDelete